Monday, April 14, 2014

Alicia! Second to last email! 04-14-14 Franklin, TN

(This is it)

Where do I even begin? I feel that this is my last email. I know that
I have one more, but everything is drawing to a close. I can feel it.
I can see it happening. Even with investigators in this area-- we have
been going through this process of "cleanup". They are dropping us or
we have made the choice to put them in the area book until they are
ready.

But miracles are continuing to happen. My Heavenly Father loves me and
He loves all of His children! James Whitfield is getting baptized on
April 19th.

The implications of this are so huge. This area has not seen a baptism
in two years. Here is a man who is totally prepared and it will be the
weekend before I go home. I feel so grateful. I feel so grateful! I
look back and see how The Lord has blessed me and watched over me for
the past eighteen months and I can hardly believe it. The
relationships that I have been able to build and the friendships and
the lives that have been changed. My life especially has been changed
forever.

I want you to know that my mission means everything to me. It has
shaped me and built me to become a little more like our Savior. I have
come to a greater understanding of our purpose in this life. I have
seen the power of Heavenly Father's love. I have felt powerful
witnesses of the spirit. I have watched as others lives have changed
in the process of time. I love my mission so so much! I love these
people and I love the other missionaries that I have been able to
serve with. I love this gospel and the happiness that it brings. I am
so blessed.....

One of the most incredible things about James is that like other
investigators, I know that I needed to be here to teach him. We will
always have a special bond like the other wonderful members that have
recently been baptized. Look! The Johnson family in Rock Springs,
Denisa and Cheryl in Bowling Green, James in Bellevue, Liz in Fort
Campbell and now James in Franklin. That is not even including the
members that we saw reactivated-- the Driskells in Bowling Green and
Jannie Lawrence in Bellevue. And hundreds, maybe thousands of others
that I have been able to share my testimony with as a representative
of Jesus Christ. Like Ammon, I feel not to boast of myself but to
boast of my wonderful, loving Father in Heaven. How great shall be
your joy in bringing one soul unto him! And how great will be your joy
with many souls that you have brought unto him! I know that The Lord
has blessed me so immensely... I am so grateful!

This week will be a beautiful, spirit-filled week. We will be
preparing James for his baptism. We have many investigators that we
have planned to see. I know The Lord will provide miracles for us this
week as we continue to work diligently to the end.

I love Him.

I also feel so grateful for the good companions that I have been able
to associate with. Some of the most remarkable individuals. They have
impacted my life for the better. I am sad to leave one of my new best
friends Sister Gillespie. I love her so much. Just as I love all my
sweet companions: Sister Bauer, Sister Thatcher, Sister Hill, Sister
Thulassidass, Sister Allphin, Sister Munafo, Sister Vandenberg, Sister
Hadfield, Sister Hulme, Sister Roberts and Sister Gillespie. How
incredible to go home with 10 new best friends!

And to my most incredible and wonderful family: my mission has taught
me how truly blessed I am to have a family like you. I know that
families are forever. I know that our family has a purpose and a plan
and that Heavenly Father knows and loves us. We have been so blessed!
After walking into many homes, I know that ours is a home that has the
spirit of love and happiness. The foundation being the gospel of Jesus
Christ. I will be a better mother because of this. Thank you for being
so amazing!

I just want you all to know how much I love you. The Savior lives. I
know He lives. I know He loves us. In one week I will report to you
about the baptism and about the final choir performances. Thank you
for taking care of school and BarT5 and housing for me. It allows me
to focus to the end. Please have an incredible week and just know that
I love you all so much! 9 days and I will be giving you all big hugs
:)

I love you always,
Sister Alicia Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment